What you need to bring to your course
Here is a list of things you are likely to need during your sewing course. But don't worry if you don't have these, we have all of the item for sale in the shop here.
- pencil and paper (notebook)
- scissors (seperate pairs for paper/threads and for fabric
- tape measure
- needles and pins
- sewing threads (also available in this shop)
- Sewing machine optional, however if you're learning to sew and you have a machine it is actually better if you bring your own to learn on
- As the first two projects are set (choice of 4) the fabric for them has to be bought in the shop. This will cost between £6 and £10 altogether
For Jersey course, machine embroidery and curtain courses you will not need to bring a sewing machine and you will not need fabrics as these are included in the price. But you will need scissors, pencil and paper, needles and pins and tapemeasure and chalk for all of these.
And please don't forget you can buy most of the above in our haberdashery department and we also stock a great range of fabulously colourful cotton and other fabrics.